Madison Square Garden (MSG) in New York City is one of the most iconic venues in the world, hosting a variety of events, from concerts to basketball games to ice hockey matches. The “best” seats can depend on the type of event you’re attending and your personal preferences, but here are some general recommendations:
- Floor Seats: If you want to be close to the stage, floor seats are typically the way to go. However, the flat layout means that if someone tall is in front of you, your view could be obstructed.
- Lower Level Sideline: Sections 107-109 and 116-118 offer a great sideline view of the stage.
- Lower Level Behind the Stage: While these are typically cheaper, they may have an obstructed view, or the performance may be facing away from you.
- Basketball (e.g., New York Knicks):
- Lower Level Sideline: Sections 106-108 and 116-118 provide excellent views of the court.
- Club Seats: The Delta Sky360 Club and the Madison Club offer luxury seating with additional amenities.
- Upper Level: If you’re on a budget, the upper level offers a bird’s-eye view. The front rows of sections 210-212 and 223-225 can give you a decent view without the higher price.
- Ice Hockey (e.g., New York Rangers):
- Lower Level Center Ice: Sections 106-108 and 116-118 offer views near center ice.
- Club Seats: Again, the Delta Sky360 Club and the Madison Club offer luxury seating with added amenities.
- Upper Level: Front rows of sections 210-212 and 223-225 are decent options for those on a budget.
- Other Factors:
- Proximity to Exits: If you want to beat the crowd when leaving, consider getting seats near the exits.
- Proximity to Amenities: Being near restrooms and concessions can be a convenience, especially for longer events.
- View of the Jumbotron: In some cases, having a clear view of the big screen is crucial, especially if the live action is far away or obstructed.
Ultimately, the best seats depend on your preferences concerning distance from the stage or court, viewing angle, and budget. It’s always a good idea to check specific seating charts for the event you’re attending and maybe even reviews from people who have attended similar events at MSG to get the best idea of where you’d prefer to sit.